Aviation Unison?

carlteplitski koko99 at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 2 20:29:53 MDT 2007

Many years ago I had occasion to tune for a lady who was a war bride of a
Canadian soldier,
and came to live in our country with her husband.  I was tuning in the bass
of her large upright,
when she made the remark that the piano sounded like an squadron of planes
going over England
in 1942. She said that they got to know if the planes were friendly or enemy
by the sound. This
coming from untrained ears , who didn't know about beats, etc.   I was
facinated by her remark,
and made me pay much closer attention to what I was hearing. Tuning unisons
became much more
meaningful.  I don't suppose Jets have  similar characteristics, or do they
??

Carl / Winnipeg.