String Installation Question

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Aug 3 06:44:14 MDT 2007

ITUNEPIANO at aol.com wrote:
> You will get more strings from a 1/3 lb coil of size 13 than you will
> out of a 1/3 lb coil of size 20, so trying to calculate an exact cost
> for each size is not the way to go.  All repair people inflate the cost
> of repair parts. usually 200% of their cost.  However, in the case of
> small parts like strings, knobs, tombstones, etc, a 1000% mark up is not
> uncommon.    Bob

...or,  factor your time to cover "supplies" such as wire.

Newton Hunt's guide lists 1/2 hour for treble string replacement.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.