Best season for CA treatment

Ron Koval drwoodwind at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 3 07:49:35 MDT 2007

Because there is a possibility for sensitivities to CA, I usually try to
schedule when the windows can be opened.... That leaves out when it is way
cold, or way hot!  (-spring or fall-) I don't often do entire pinblocks - I
took Susan Kline's advice that "less is more" - using a few drops at a time
at each visit on the offending pins until they react as I'd like.  Yet
occasionally I get a referral, or a new client that just got a "free"
piano...

In fact, I've got some pictures around here somewhere on how NOT to CA a
block - there was a couple of mm of CA all over the webbing area!  The only
evidence of treatment from me is that the plate bushings look a little
darker.  (There are a few "lost causes" that I've done that the CA is
visible, but it never needs to sit on top of the plate to make the job
work!)

Ron Koval
Chicagoland

"Ron,
Here in the upper midwest, Where humidity cycles from low in the winter
to high in the summer, what is  your preferred season for treating
pinblocks?

Mike"