Church breaking wound strings

Michelle Smith michelle at smithpianoservice.com
Mon Aug 6 16:33:36 MDT 2007

Hi from hot and muggy Texas.  I have an African-American church that is
breaking wound strings on an upright Boston on a regular basis.  (Replaced 5
a few months ago and now they've called with more.)  I'm sure they're aware
that they need to back off but it's just not going to happen.

Is there any kind of amplification system for uprights that would give them
some significant volume?

I'd really like to see them purchase a digital keyboard (I know Jack Wyatt.
It's NOT a digital piano!) but the Boston was donated.

Thanks!

Michelle Smith

Smith Piano Service

Bastrop, Texas