Church breaking wound strings

Jay Forte jayforte at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 6 23:02:43 MDT 2007

Michelle;
Yes, I agree, Mapes can make you a set of wound strings with a heavier
core; I had a Cp-70 Yamaha Grand that I took care of for touring and
every time it returned it had broken wound strings.
I called Mapes and they agreed to make up a set of strings with a
heavier core and I never replaced another bass string as long as the
piano was in my care.
It moved to Nashville.
Monitor, powered, wedge for the player helps as well.
Jay