Removing key fronts

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 22:42:30 MDT 2007

At 10:02 pm -0400 7/8/07, Jude Reveley/Absolute Piano wrote:

>I was interested in the process of trying out the cream peroxide
>with UV tube lamps for bleaching ivories. Can you recommend a uv
>lamp? I noticed that the bench lamps are quite expensive, $300US for
>a 30 watt version. Also it seems that they're not meant for hours of
>use unless you buy the $1200US industrialÊversion. Otherwise I could
>see racking up a bill in tubes. Thanks

I just did a Google Products search and the first item that came up
<http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=20609&C=Froogle&U=20609&T=Alias&MA=ultra%20violet>
was a 4ft tube for £15, about $30.  I don't know how long they are
meant to last but I recently had one running continuously for three
weeks.  I ahve had two of these tubes for about 4 years and they both
still work fine.  I'm sure you can find the same sort of thing in
America for the same price or even less.

JD