Counter-bearing drag

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Wed Aug 8 23:23:19 MDT 2007

Ron N says:

....I scrub up before starting, and
dust up with powdered rosin, sprinkling some in the box of
pins for automatic in-flight replenishment. Works for me.

For me also. Body chemistry seems to have something to do with it, as well.
At one time we employed a stringer who had to wear gloves, or the strings,
where he touched them, would corrode after only months; whereas the pianos I
string (gloveless, masking tape around becket thumb) don't seem to be affected,
decades later.

Bob D