What to tell clients

Chris R. rpsvt at juno.com
Thu Aug 9 18:23:21 MDT 2007

Hi Sean, what I tell clients when they have an un-tunable piano is 1. what it would cost to make it tunable, maybe 3-4 thousand dollars for an upright, more for a grand, and state that "considering its age, it's had a pretty good life" maybe make a comparison to how long cars last, to help them feel satisfied that the piano was truly a great instrument, having already performed for decades longer than it was intended.  At that point they either shrug and smile at the piano, or tell me that it was grandma Margie's and they really want to keep it going long term.

--Chris R.
www.key-leveling.com