tough enough

ITUNEPIANO at aol.com ITUNEPIANO at aol.com
Sat Aug 11 05:10:00 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/11/2007 2:31:14 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pianotuna at accesscomm.ca writes:

and a very *oddly* out of tune piano (I do
appreciate why it  is sharp/flat/sharp/flat, but it is still not usual to
find a piano "out of  tune" that way in the "real world").

This is a major failing of the tuning exam.  The exam should represent  real
world tuning, not an attempt to make a piano stable by prepping it in an
un-natural way.  The exam should test for pitch raising and tuning, just as  we do
every day in the field.

Bob Maret,  RPT
Piano Technician