tough enough

Don pianotuna at accesscomm.ca
Sat Aug 11 19:18:13 MDT 2007

Hi Bob,

3 or 4 cents flat may often result in 1 or more cents flat at A4 unless
some overcompensation is used. Even just 2 cents may need a bit of "fudge"
to the sharp side to end up "dead on" A440. The "sharp/flat" of the test
piano is needful unfortunately, even though it is not "real world".

And in my real world a piano that is 3 or 4 cents out of tune is the
exception unless the instrument is equipped with a DamppChaser system with
a back or bottom cover.

At 08:45 PM 8/11/2007 EDT, you wrote:
> Hi Paul.  A piano uniformly 3 or 4 cents flat will better simulate  the
average piano in the field.  That's not flat enough to skew the accuracy of
the test by reason of instability - especially since we are moving only
center strings.
>   Bob Maret,  RPT
Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7