lubricating leather

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Mon Aug 13 17:36:40 MDT 2007

YES!
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Ross
  To: Pianotech List
  Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 4:19 PM
  Subject: Re: lubricating leather

  Ballistol.
  Does Mother Goose still sell it?
  John M. Ross
  Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
  jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: A440A at aol.com
    To: pianotech at ptg.org
    Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 6:29 PM

    William writes:

      I'm replacing the rubber grommets in the cups at the back of the pedal
      (where the rods rest in the pedal) with leather - brand new, fresh, clean
      leather.  VJ lube, Teflon powder, TFL 50, nothing?  What would you all use
      for a lubricant here??

    Greetings,
        I have had no problems with rubbing stick graphite into the leather before cutting to fit, and then dipping the pedal rod ends in Teflon before I drop them in the hole.  It seems to be as durable as anything I have tried.
    Regards,

    Ed Foote RPT