disabling individual noes

Tom Sivak tvaktvak at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 16 06:26:13 MDT 2007

Even though he's not playing the Cs or Ebs, I think it would be disconcerting that they wouldn't be able to move.  I would prefer something inside which would prevent the notes from playing, but allow the keys to depress anyway.  You could remove the hammers and shanks from those individual keys, allowing the keys to depress but make no sound.  It would be more trouble, but ultimately is a better solution.  I think.

  Tom Sivak
  Chicago

reggaepass at aol.com wrote:
  Greetings List(s),

Someone is paying me handsomely to realize their own tuning system for
a couple of performances this weekend. As a safety precaution, he
would like to have the notes that he doesn't actually play (all of the
Cs and Ebs, in this case) disabled. The best idea I have come up with
so far is to add another front rail cloth punching on top of the one
that is already there for these keys, so the keys will barely depress.

Is there a better/easier way?

Thanks,

Alan Eder
from AOL at AOL.com.