suitable "cooler" for glues, lubes, etc. in car

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 07:44:57 MDT 2007

On 8/21/07, Mike Spalding <mike.spalding1 at verizon.net> wrote:

> David,
>
> Wisconsin. 0 to 100, occasionally. Protek, CA, Titebond, and PVCE travel
> in my tuning kit. About an ounce each, except for the 4oz bottle of
> Protek. The tuning kit travels with me, and comes into the house at the
> end of the day. Following one very unhappy experience, I keep the CA
> bottle (1 oz) inside a Ziploc bag.
> Why Duco?
> What's Barge?
>
> Mike
>
> David Nereson wrote:
> >
> > I don't like to have a lot of little containers of liquids in my tool
> > case – just a small bottle of wood glue. I have Protek, Barge, Duco
> > Cement, CA glue, debonder, accelerator, and cold hide glue in a little
> > lunch cooler in the car. Except it doesn't really cool; in fact, it
> > gets too hot and the Barge glue turns to rubber, the Duco cement goes
> > bad, volatile stuff evaporates, even with the cap on. In the summer,
> > cars can get up to 130 degrees inside with the windows up and the sun
> > beating down. Then in the winter, it can get down to at least the 30's
> > – near freezing. Of course it gets colder than that overnight, but I
> > bring the little lunch cooler inside every night.
> >
> > But it doesn't insulate well enough to protect all these glues and
> lubes.
> >
> > What does everyone else use?
> >
> > --David Nereson, RPT

Hi David, Mike,
I'm also in Wisconsin I carry Titebond 4oz., Protek 4oz, and I've found a
very sturdy CA bottle by Loctite it's a gel that dispenses a drop at a time
by squeezing the sides of the bottle. I've gotten it at Walmart and home
centers for under $3. I don't use CA a lot, just for the occasional cracked
flange or on Kawai's styran componants. If I feel I'll need my cold hide
glue on a particular day, I'll throw it in my bag unless it's very cold out,
then I carry it in an inside pocket of my coat, in a baggie. Mike why do you
carry the PVCE?

Mike

--
Michael Magness