Harpsichord tuners unite!

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Thu Aug 23 14:50:17 MDT 2007

Haha that was funny.

I've never tuned a harpsishord.  A piano client once asked me to tune her
Autoharp.  She had the tuning lever that came with it.  I thought it would
be easy.  It was the most difficult thing! It took all the skill and
experience of my tuning arm to get those pins to go where they needed to go.
The owners of these things are supposed to tune them themselves, from
instructions supplied with it.  I would think VERY few owners would manage
it successfully.

Best,

David.