Determination of "Fair Market Value"? Kawai 500 5'10" Grandfrom1966

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Thu Aug 23 19:38:49 MDT 2007

A dealer price is not necessarily fair market value. We are talking about a
private sale, what would that bring. Normally it is 20-40% less than what a
dealer would charge. This piano is coming with no warranty, no sprucing up,
no free tuning and no free delivery.

Since appearance rules in a used piano sale I'm having trouble believing an
older piano with a faded finish and extensive touch up would bring that
much. For a private sale I'd bet in the $3k-$4k range.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802