Feurich bass bridge - curved!

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sat Aug 25 13:51:25 MDT 2007

The last pics I sent were of an uncompromisingly straight bass bridge, with
very broad apron, on a straight-strung Bechstein.  Yesterday I tuned a
customer's Feurich upright, lovely piano, pretty new, and took a couple of
pics of the bass bridge, which is the opposite -  no apron, and about as
curved as you could get!

The piano is great. The customer said when he bought it, he complained to
the shop about the change in tone across the break, and the shop did some
voicing.  The seem to have done it well, because it sounds pretty good to
me.

David.