Serious Case of Genckflop

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Sun Aug 26 13:55:37 MDT 2007

I bought a new toolcase a few months ago and am delighted with it. My old
black ABS "Engineers toolcase" from RS Components (a UK electronics supply
company) was falling apart with age. I was never all that enamoured of it,
as the elastic didn't hold tools firmly in place. In the end, it got a hole
of increasing size in one corner and tools were droping out!

For ages I looked around to find something reasonable.  I bought a cheap
aluminium toolcase and a tool roll that I used for a while, but didn't like
it.  Then online I found a company selling cases at reasonable prices,
including this one in (bright!) orage, on special sale offer at £79 ($158)
including delivery.

It's proving to be just the thing!  Nice design, with rubber feet on both
the base and the bottom edge. Metal reinforced corners.  It holds fine
regulating tools firmly in place in the elastic straps on the tray, and the
tray can be locked in place on the base inset by little buckles.  I carry my
Fujan lever in it too, not shown, wrapped carefully in a cloth.

Of course, I also have other cases and holders for action parts, adhesives,
felts, wire, etc!

Best regards,

David.