How much tone is lost by PAINTING a soundboard with gray primer ????( YUCK! !!)

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 16:57:13 MDT 2007

Nice idea, Greg. But I suspect that it is sandable
gray autobody primer, or just that "gray primer" I've
seen under black lacquer, which is lacquer based. I'd
be inclined to try the alcohol first, though, because
its' less noxious ( and doesn't go through gloves, or
gas masks, like lacquer thinner does! )