Reinforcing sharp-key tips with CA , prior to Spurlock sizingcaul apllication.

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Sun Aug 26 20:00:38 MDT 2007

Hi,
Broken Flange on Grand hammer. Split but not missing any wood and no
seperation of pieces.
Repair items: tight bond, #60 reamer from my kit, # 18 1/2 center pin, small
clamp and <G> CA
Procedure:
Gently open birds eye with #60 reamer. Other items may be handy for gemtly
forcing the pieces apart.
Apply tightbond to broken area and work into cracked area until squeezeing
the parts results in squeeze out along crack on both sides of eye.
Clamp and check alignment of parts.
Use #18 1/2 centerpin to clean out excess glue from eye and remove pin.
Let set 5 minutes.
Carefully add a drop of thin CA to each side of the eye, this will make the
unglued part of the flange stronger.
Wait 10 seconds and repin.
If A larger pin needs to be used, or you fear the glue has not quite set,
keep the clamp on the part while repinning.

Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com