Instructive Little Puzzler

Gregor _ karlkaputt at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 28 01:03:53 MDT 2007

what´s now with the solution of this puzzler: did I miss the correct answer?

Another typical solution (but without using glue): too less lost motion,
i.e. the jack is too narrow to the butt. So it can´t travel back. Or the
leather of the butt is too rough. Or the checker and the backchecker stick
together.....

Gregor