What were they thinking?

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 06:10:30 MST 2007

Because "Hobart M. Cable" and "Hallet, Davis and Co." were already
being used by Sejung (manufactured in China) for sale in the US?
The Cable-Nelsons set up in Rochester for the Yamaha upright
regulation class looked, sounded, and played like a P22. That said, I
didn't put a tuning lever on one, and I'd be astounded if quality
control will match the Japan or US factories.
Patrick Draine