teacher evaluations

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 1 22:38:38 MST 2007

There is a guy who runs around this area of the country "rebuilding" pianos.
A one time client of mine paid $3500 for a Chickering 7' which was neither
playable nor tuneable when I was asked to tune the thing.  Fortunately I
managed to convince them to talk to a good local rebuilder, and they coughed
up the additional bucks to have it completely redone.   After all was said
and done they had a concert level instrument for vastly less than concert
cost.  But it was a bitter pill for them.  The guy who has ripped off a lot
of people is named Lovett, and evidently his reputation spreads over more
than just the state of Texas.  We've all likely had to pronounce "dead" a
number of things people thought were still pianos.........
les bartlett