teacher evaluations

Dave Davis dave at davispiano.com
Fri Feb 2 08:06:39 MST 2007

I agree that having the teacher along is better than shopping blind. In my opinion, the teacher is endorsing that the instrument will be suitable for little Jill or Jimmy's practice level.

However, usually the teacher has a subtle disclaimer that goes something like "it needs to be tuned" and I use that as a segue into "while I was tuning, I noted these additional items that you will want to correct in the near future..."

Dave Davis, RPT