Sales pitch

PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com
Sat Feb 3 17:15:33 MST 2007

When a customer wants to buy a $!,000 piano and not a $2,500 much  better
piano, I tell the customer as follows: A piano is not like a car, which  you buy,
use for a few years, and then get rid of.
A piano is a lifetime investment. Now, if you spend $1,500 more for the
better piano and have it for the next
50 years, which is very likely, it means that you'll be spending only $30
per year to have a fine instrument for the rest of your life instead of having
to settle for a piece of junk. Isn't it worth it? Also, when a customer  wants
to settle for a piano that's falling apart because, "Johnny is just a
beginner, he doesn't need a really good piano," I ask the mother how she would  feel
when Johnny grows up and is ready for his first driving lesson, and the
instructor pulls up in an old, beat up car. Wouldn't she want to see,  instead,  a
nice, modern vehicle that looks and drives like a real car,  instead of an
old piece of garbage?

Jesse Gitnik   NYC
Since 1980