Grand damper jigs

PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com PIANOTECHNICIAN at aol.com
Sun Feb 4 08:31:15 MST 2007

When I re-felt a set of grand damper heads, I always use jigs when  gluing on
monochord, bichord, and 2 trichord pieces. The jig aligns the front  and back
pieces so that they're perfectly in line with each other- -this makes
regulation much easier. It's hard enough to do an A-1 damper job normally, but  to
try to do it when the front and rear dampers don't line up on some damper
heads is near impossible. Is the use of jigs common among technicians, or  am I
the odd ball out there?

Jesse Gitnik - NYC
Since 1980