Inharmonicity

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sun Feb 4 10:58:22 MST 2007

Hi Joe

You are of course completely free to disagree. But it might be nice if
you made sure at least who you were disagreeing with. The quote you
disagree with below is taken from a quote I took off the Netherlands
based Bonemens website and represents their views, written as they
understand english language usage, to express what they meant.  (which
probably did not go along the lines of <<distinctive>> in any
<<exclusive>> sense of the word.

I believe, if you re-read my post.... the quotation is clearly marked
and author appropriately denoted.

Cheers
RicB

    RicB said: "Inharmonicity is a distinctive characteristic of pianos."

    Ric,
    I competely disagree. All instruments have inharmonicity; just less
    than the piano.
    Joe

    Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
    Captain of the Tool Police