Inharmonicity

Alan R. Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 4 13:13:37 MST 2007

Guitars sure have it. If the fretting is not adjusted accordingly, the octave at the 12th fret would be very noticeably sharper than the octave harmonic at the same spot. Cheap guitars are horrible because of this (and many other things).

I've played classical guitar lo these many (41?) years. This stuff never bothered me much until I trained my ears for the piano biz.

What a curse. In some  was my aural ignorance is a happier state than enharmonic enlightenment..

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO
Joshua 24:15