pianists at utube

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Sun Feb 4 21:42:40 MST 2007

Don wrote: This is the first time ever I've wished I had more than a dialup
connection to the net!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=49gXA9hALPs

Robin wrote: THIS  video will probably make go straight out and build your
very own cable network just to get the high speed....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXO4WcBkuo&NR
80-something years old and still has fluid technique like that..... has to
be seen to be believed..........

Dean wants to know: Okay, all you voicers out there, I would love to know
your evaluation of the voicing of these two intruments. The piano Pogorelich
plays seems really harsh to me, and the one Horowitz plays has nice color,
but seems a little on the bright side.

So tell me (and the rest of us voicing novices on the list) how you would
voice them differently. Maybe even what hammer you think would work best on
these two instruments.

Thanks,

Dean