New pedal name

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Mon Feb 5 17:33:53 MST 2007

Hi Conrad,

The name is Leo.

When I was in high school, I would occasionally have a "group" piano lesson
with the best piano student in town.  (She really was good.).  Our teacher
asked us something about pedaling and she said, "I use it when I see Leo in
the manuscript."

Leo?

The fancy script some editions used for the abbreviation of Ped did look
sort of look like Leo.  We had a good laugh.  She ended up going to SMU--can
you imagine the quizzical looks she would have gotten talking about Leo?

Barbara Richmond, RPT
near Peoria, Illinois