Spam: Cuttin' Sitka for Soundboards

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Feb 7 08:20:16 MST 2007

Glad you found them interesting - I was thinking someone would. Yeah, that's pretty much my everyday work uniform. However, for this picture I put on a tank top that didn't have any holes, tears, worn-out spots or glue or epoxy patches on it.

We are in the midst of the big North American deep freeze that many of you east of the Mississippi are experiencing. Went down to 41 degrees the past couple nights and hasn't quite cracked 70 in the afternoons - very cool indeed. As such my shop has dipped to the low 60s. I started out with a t-shirt, but after moving around a bunch of wood, I went to the standard-issue tank-top. But darn I'm tough - haven't turned on the heat yet. Actually, I cut about 650 bd.-ft. of Sitka last night, and running my bandsaw and dust cyclone warmed the shop up to about 65 degrees - just right for me. Anyone else suffering so tragically through this cold spell like me?  ;-)

Terry Farrell
Tampa, Florida