Cuttin' Sitka for Soundboards

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Feb 7 19:48:24 MST 2007

Seemed to be some interest in this process, so I'll continue. Time to plane the flitches. Unplaned flitches lie atop my work table. Bandsaw is to the left, planer to the right, and my shop helper, Peaches, is front and center.

And I feed the flitches through the planer until I get them all to the desired thickness. Pretty straight forward really. What else can I say?  ;-)

I'm glad my shop is 40-feet long because after cabinets on the wall, etc. it is barely long enough to provide enough room to feed a 16-foot-long board through a planer or saw.

Terry Farrell