Yamaha Thomaston plant closure

Frank Emerson pianoguru at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 8 09:17:15 MST 2007

Several months ago in China, I was told that Yamaha was building a piano factory in Ningbo, China.  I have no idea what models will be built there.

Here's an interesting bit of trivia, something you will not hear from the Yamaha folks, but it can be found in historical writings about the City of Ningbo.   I cannot give  a citation to a specific source, but it is claimed that the founder of Yamaha, was an immigrant to Japan from China, and a native of Ningbo.

Frank Emerson
pianoguru at earthlink.net