F. Kain & Sohn piano

Michelle Smith michelle at smithpianoservice.com
Thu Feb 8 15:56:34 MST 2007

Hi Ed.  I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know the action type.  I'll be
able to tell you soon because she says one of the notes is tripping out.

I have another question about this piano.  Some of the pins are really loose
and probably will not hold a pitch for long.  I'm hoping that one of these
days she will decide to rebuild the inside of this piano but in the
meantime, would a CA treatment be a possible idea to hold the tuning?  Would
a new pin block be a given on this age of piano if a rebuild were done?

Michelle Smith