Desparate customer

Dave Bunch pdtek at mchsi.com
Fri Feb 9 21:55:09 MST 2007

I received a call from a woman that is about fifty miles out of my area but sounds desparate. She has a Young Chang G150 ser#097103 that she loves but has caused her problems that none of her area techs have been able to take care of or explain. First of all it will not stay in tune. She has it tuned every couple of months and even that is not nearly often enough. It also throws strings. Bass and treble. At least a half dozen so far.

I am going to go look at it in a week. Outside of the usual stuff, what I want to know if there is any experience anyone has had with these Young Changs. I see lots of them but maybe there were a few with unusual problems like a bad scale (high tension?). Just looking for a heads up, I guess. Something out of the ordinary.

Thanks

Dave Bunch