Young Chang

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Feb 10 11:46:40 MST 2007

> Terry, you just have too much fun, but I admit I am looking forward to
> it. It is truly a mystery. This woman does not sound flakey. I figured
> I'd go over it with my teresstrial-scan first to se if its haunted. And
> Ron N, I know what you are thinking but she swears she plays the piano
> in nothing but a sweet an dimiutive manner.

Hi Dave,
I was trying to make sense of the two conditions of not
staying in tune, and breaking strings. Putting those two
conditions on growing action brackets is a connective
association beyond Monty Python, in my opinion, but
*something* has to be causing it. Probably the casters. "Not
staying in tune" is pretty non-diagnostic, like saying it
needs "fixed". Is it unisons, bass, low tenor, killer octave,
high treble, goes sharp, flat, random? Is it temperature or
humidity related? Forced air vents, humidity control, direct
sunlight, etc??? The clues are in the patterns. What are the
patterns?

Metal fatigue seems a likely factor in the breakage, but how?
Either the climatic or structural causes of the unspecified
tuning instability have moved the string around enough over
time to have work hardened the bearing points, or someone is
breaking in when she's at work and waling hell out of it. Does
the housekeeper play - and if so, what position, right tackle?
<G> Where are the strings breaking? Becket? Agraffe and V-bar?
Bridge pins?

Lots of holes, and not nearly enough dirt to fill 'em yet.

Ron N