temp change=how much pitch change?

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 10 21:57:45 MST 2007

My late mentor did some measuring.  S&S D tuned
to 441hz at A4 under a single light was just
under 440 hz under full stage lighting.  I'd have
to dig in the archives but he had a Fahrenheit to
cents ratio with in normal tuning tensions.

Probably why Steinway literature recommends tuning the D to 441.

Andrew Anderson