Paid for Pitch Raises?

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Mon Feb 12 11:12:17 MST 2007

Daniel---please don't take this personally, brother, but you've
triggered off a rant.
What the HELL are you people doing----working without getting paid?
That's insane.
You really need to check your approach to life, IMO, if you submit to
this kind of bullshit.
Raising the pitch on a piano takes WORK---intense work, between 20
and 40 minutes, if done right. To not get paid for that, or to work
for people who don't intend to pay you for that, is dysfunctional.
Period. What are you thinking about? Would you ever ask any other
kind of service tech to come to your house or business and work for
20-40 minutes FOR FREE?
Never. NEVER.

Wake up. WAKE UP. You need to start valuing your time, your life, and
your skills.
Stand up for yourself, and tell that a**h**le who owns that  store to
sell you a piano for his cost.
See what he says. Wake up.

Until we demand respect and acknowledgement for our immense knowledge
and skillset we'll be treated like field hands, or dismissable
underlings, or naive idiots, or pathetic losers.

There. I feel better now.

David Andersen