Paid for Pitch Raises?

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Mon Feb 12 22:13:04 MST 2007

I totally agree.  I did work for a couple of dealers, and still do occasional complimentary tunings.  Happily, I no longer have to do floor work.  They call me when they have a technical issue, or when they want their higher end stuff dialed in.  The trouble is, I don't have enough time any more to work for their rates.  I'd rather take the time to do something of more valuable, like sip on a cup o' Peet's whilst I call clients that are willing to pay for good service, or even go for a bike ride.

If unscrupulous dealers evaluated work done vs. dollars spent, they'd understand that people with more experience are a far better value.  But people tend to see others from their own frame of reference, and a sales shark is likely top think everyone is out to rip him/her off.

Dave Stahl

-----