ecsaine

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Feb 13 12:59:12 MST 2007

> I recently ordered a yard of ultrasuede (ecsaine) from Denver Fabrics
> (www.denverfabrics.com <http://www.denverfabrics.com/>). What they sent
> is around .035” thick. It looks and feels nice, but a little on the thin
> side.
>

> I also ordered buckskin from Schaff and it is around .075” thick, which
> seems a little too thick.
>

> My application is catchers and knuckles on a vertical action. Has anyone
> else used ecsaine that thin in these applications?
>

> *Dean*

Yes, on Baldwin Corfam replacements. The original was about
1.3mm (0.052"), but the thinner Ecsaine works fine. I also
laminate two layers together with PVC-E for grand backchecks,
and love it. Toray makes a 1.2mm, and 1.8mm product too, but
nobody in this country seems to stock anything but the thin
stuff, so I improvise.

Ron N