Velum Source - Old European Square Piano

ed440 at mindspring.com ed440 at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 14 08:45:32 MST 2007

Drafting vellum is a type of paper (imitation parchment), not suitable for this repair.

The vellum hinge found in early pianos uses genuine vellum, aka parchment (genuine parchment) which is thin, hard sheepskin leather.

I am not aware of any effective, long lasting substitute for hard, thin leather in this application.

Ed Sutton