etd's and ears

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Wed Feb 14 17:09:06 MST 2007

Ric writes:
<<  I think its important to remember that a similiar

<<experiement>> was carried out by Ed Foote a while back concerning

Historical Tunings. Two instruments were tuned, one HT and one ET... and

very few technicians sitting in a small auditorium could hear the

difference. >>

Whoooaaaaa!!!   AT this years convention, the difference between ET and a
Coleman 11 were generally agreed upon as being profound, with the WT being
preferred by the vast majority.  I don't know if there was a single person in the
room that thought they sounded the same.
   The same thing has happened in over a dozen other presentations.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT