The Gimlet-revisited

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Thu Feb 15 10:04:35 MST 2007

Hey Barbara,

My guess is that I don't use all the clips, etc., because if I ever need to
move or remove parts (as has happened, when a humidistat went bad), I won't
have to mess with all those clips.  I'm a wire-bundler by nature, thereby
keeping them tidy and giving them a small profile, which might be why I tend
to have installation parts left over.

All my installations have been on verticals or small grands, which might
also account for it.  If I had to string wires/tubes over longer distances,
I'd certainly use more parts to anchor them.

If there's a reason not to bundle wires, I'd be happy to hear it.  Thus far,
it has served well.  Sure seems as though the fill hoses are getting
shorter....

The clips are handy, aren't they.  Zip ties are my faves, however -- a
million and one uses!

Annie