FInding the MAgic Strike Line-

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Feb 15 15:35:16 MST 2007

Hi Dale

Not being able to attend your class... I'd love to have some
clarification on this as well. How did you go about it.  Also... since
you rebuilt this... did you leave the scale alone ?  If not... how did
(if it did) influence the hit line ?

Very curious for obvious reasons indeed :)

Cheers
RicB

    HI All
       Just  putting in a plug for the Mid Atlantic  Regional Conference
    (MARC)
    April 22 in Valley forge P. A.
       Here all 3 pictures of the awesome sounding B  that I rebuilt for
    Kenric
    Tams Teacher John McCarthy In  S.F. ..............
        Steinway & Sons 1980's vintage.  It  has a great soundboard.
        Steinway Bs however have the worst strike  line problems in the
    piano
    world. The strike line may not get straightened out  but the tone
    sure does when
    you get the hammer location right. Wanna see  how....(shameless plug)
      I'm teaching this Class "Finding the Magic Strike --Building  tone
    the old
    fashioned way" at MARC as well as Teaming with Buddy Ray  Negron of
    Ronsen.
    Were doing "Making Hammers the Old fashioned  way"
      Cheers
      Dale Erwin