Dirty Keys

Mark Potter bases-loaded76 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 15 20:02:37 MST 2007

    Terry is likely correct, in that you might have to sand them down, then buff.  First, though, I would try a rubbing or polishing compound (or one of the many compounds for plastic seen at automotive/motorcyle shops) with a slightly dampened cloth. You might get lucky (it happens every now and then) and won't have to remove the keys to the shop.  Won't take more than a minute or two to find out...

  Mark Potter

I've been wanting to ask that same question. The Drama dept. at U of H has a small Yamaha grand that has that all over the upper 2-3 octaves from doing glissandoes! Is there an easy way to remove that without have to take the keys out and buff it off?

Avery Todd
University of Houston