Paid for Pitch Raises?

Norma Neufeld normajneufeld at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 15 22:07:08 MST 2007

Hello Don,
(see below)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don" <pianotuna at accesscomm.ca>
To: "Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 11:13 AM
Subject: Re: Paid for Pitch Raises?

> Hi Norma,
>
> When do you stop "doing it for free"?

The little things I do for clients - maybe never......if it helps them get
more out the music like a child learning on an improved instrument, the
music major excelling, or maybe just Granny having more fun, I have no
problem giving them a few extra minutes of my time, "for free".  I don't
just work in the music industry to make money, music and especially the
piano, is my passion.  If I can spread a little musical happiness around, I
certainly will.  As for the work that I do for one of the dealers here, I'll
just say that he pays me quite well (better than most from what I read on
this list) and has helped immensely in my education so I'll just leave it at
that.

> Do you raise your rates each year to reflect inflation?

Yes, I do.  My rates are in line with others in the city.

> Do you charge for the time you use when you travel to a rural location?

Yes, I do.  Most of my regular out to town clients already have a full day
booked for me before they call.  I split the travel cost between them.

Regards,
Norma Neufeld
Saskatoon, SK