How many times have you seen this?

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Feb 16 04:38:56 MST 2007

At 08:52 PM 2/15/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>There are some grands out there where you have to be very careful
>while pulling out the key frame from the piano. The plate/action
>combination is designed in such a way that the hammers near the
>treble break are very close to the lower part of the plate, and if
>the keyboard is not pulled out or pushed back in straight, a hammer
>adjacent to the plate could break off. Is this a poor design, or what?!
>
>Jesse Gitnik
>Since 1980

This is one reason why people don't like squares,  particularly late
19th century ones. The 1876 Haines Bros we have here is VERY
tricky!  Like threading a needle on the end of a three foot stick.

Keep the CA glue handy.

Conrad Hoffsommer

There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them.
-Casey Stengel