ETDs & Pitch Corrections: Verituner

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 16 08:00:56 MST 2007

With Verituner you are to pull A4 up to pitch and measure its
inharmonicity and then pull A3 up to pitch and measure its
inharmonicity.  After that where you tune is up to you.  I like to
tune down from A4 to the bottom then up from A4 to the top.  Makes
sense to me as Verituner does partial matching and you don't know
what nonsense you will discover at the big break if you come from
under it.  I always have Verituner recalculate before doing a second
pass as accounting for some of the breaks (scaling breaks aren't just
between bridges) will result in a change in note placement, a change
that I am more likely to agree with.

Andrew Anderson