salvage parts for reed organ

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Sat Feb 17 13:15:15 MST 2007

From: "gordon stelter" <lclgcnp at yahoo.com>
To: "Pianotech List" <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2007 1:38 PM
Subject: Re: salvage parts for reed organ

> "All that pumping" is pathetically easy with a
> properly restored organ- and it gives you somethging
> fun to do, when the power's out.

Absolutely!  Give me a beautifully restored (actually I want to do the
restoration) "foot pump" player any day over a Reproducer.  I've owned many
of both over the years, and nothing surpasses the fun of an upright player.

> P.S. I have several sets of reeds frfom an Estey, if
> anyone is interested.

Yes I'm interested.  How much are you asking Gordon?  You can reply to me
offlist.

> P.P.S. Figuring out an appropriate bellows system for
> a  reed organ would be pretty simple for someone
> familiar with them, a sheet of furniture grade
> plywwod, and a  table saw.

Personally, I wouldn't mind doing it.  However, I don't have the time nor
inclination to try to help someone do it via email!

Debbie