extreme winter weather/DC effectiveness

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Sun Feb 18 07:29:32 MST 2007

I sometimes tape big notes on the fallboard reminding the pianist to check
to make sure the piano is plugged in and full of water. I've also taped a
notes to the legs or truck in positions where they are visible to anyone
bending down to unplug the piano, "Leave Piano Plugged In!!" It helps a
little, and with some churches you need all the help you can get.

Another tactic is to talk directly to the maintenance people. If you can get
the maintenance people to shoulder the responsibility of taking care of the
DC, they are usually very willing to do it if they know how and much better
about it than the parade of different pianists.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802