salvage parts for reed organ

Annie Grieshop annie at allthingspiano.com
Sun Feb 18 13:34:07 MST 2007

Definitely!  I have two "suitcase" melodeons that I've used for busking at
farmers markets and similar places -- I've seen photos of the smaller model
being used for battlefield church services in Korea, and the larger was said
to have been used for tent revivals (6 stops and 2 carrying handles, a heavy
sucker!).  I'm not sure which broke me of pumping "in time":  waltzes or
really fast jigs, as both presented problems....  Crowds love those little
organs, however.

Keep those cards and letters coming in re ETDs and Ears -- I'm collecting
all the info and distilling it into... something... which I will post to the
list.  One thing I would appreciate is knowing whether you strip mute or
tune unisons as you go, regardless of other methodology.

I'm always SO glad when I ask you folks a question, as you invariably hand
me a great education (not to mention the entertainment <g>).  Thanks!

Annie Grieshop